WG Action: Conclusion of IP Version 6 (ipv6)

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Thu Sep 27 21:41:05 UTC 2007

well, if it's any consolation, you're the guy that routinely tells me
on public mailing lists that anyone that is not an operator, and
especially senior people from vendor companies, is completely
clueless on all topics relating to the Internet. I have my days of
feeling unwelcome too.

Harald was two IETF chairs back. I was three IETF chairs back. You
offered repeatedly to resign when you and I worked together, and I
always talked you into staying.

There, we're even. Now, can we please get constructive?

I chair a working group called IPv6 Operations. It's mailing list is
hosted on your computer - v6ops at ops.ietf.org. The purpose of the
working group is to provide operators, quite a number of which
attend, with a place where they can say anything they want and give
very clear guidance to the IETF. If the operators have anything to
say on the topic, I don't know how much more clearly the IETF can say
"we're listening".

Crabbing about it doesn't get it fixed. Help us fix it.