WG Action: Conclusion of IP Version 6 (ipv6)

Jari Arkko jari.arkko at piuha.net
Thu Sep 27 20:57:43 UTC 2007

What Fred said is right.

Indeed, we closed the working group because it had completed
its task. The base is done and its time to move on.

That being said, everyone's painfully aware that the Internet
isn't complete yet and there are significant challenges ahead.
IPv6 -- just like any other technology that we have (SIP, DHCP, ...)
doesn't work well in all situations, needs new features, has
bugs, etc. And there are many known issues in IPv6, from
technical to deployment barriers. For these reasons we already
have a set of focused groups (6man, v6ops, rrg/shim6, various
IPv6 over Foo WGs, ...) looking at specific problems. If there
is a need for more groups, we  can create new ones.

Jari