Going dual-stack, how do apps behave and what to do as an operator (Was: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?)

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Sep 24 13:41:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> Yes, that's clear, I was assuming we are talking about "end boxes" such as a
> CPE.

You'd be surprised how many Cisco 827's there are out there in strange
places without a sane NAT config (with all the 12.4T NAT twiddles set
appropriately.)

Max NAT session before running out of RAM? ~8k or so?
What kills it? Trackerless P2P. Lovely.

And lets not discuss the default cisco IOS firewall and its tracking
state + throttling stuff..

Adrian