Question on Loosely Synchronized Router Clocks

Xin Liu smilerliu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:55:19 UTC 2007

Ideally, yes, a protocol should not rely on clock synchronization at
all. However, to ensure freshness of messages, we don't have many
choices, and clock synchronization seems to be the least painful one.
So we asked about router clocks on the current Internet. If normally
router clocks are synchronized and we have a mechanism to detect and
fix out-of-sync clocks, is it reasonable to assume clock
synchronization in the rest of our design?

Best
Regards,

Xin Liu