Question on Loosely Synchronized Router Clocks

Xin Liu smilerliu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 22:54:30 UTC 2007

Sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify.

We are interested in a number of questions:
1. Can we assume loosely synchronized router clocks in the Internet,
or we have to make absolutely no assumption about router clocks at
all?
2. If the router clocks are indeed loosely synchronized, what is the
granularity we can assume? Particularly, we are interested in whether
we can assume router clocks are synchronized within 10 minutes.
3. It's always possible that a router's clock goes wrong. In practice,
how often does this happen?

Thank you for all the replies.

Best
Regards,