Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Sep 17 21:43:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:15:38 EDT, John Curran said:

>    In addition, if the AAAA record is added for the node, instead of
>    service as recommended, all the services of the node should be IPv6-
>    enabled prior to adding the resource record.  "
>
> Not a problem for names which are single services (www.foo.com),
> but caution is required when the name has multiple services running.

My favorite shoot-self-in-foot on that topic - I stuck a quad-A in for a host
that *was* IPv6-enabled on the production service, but it didn't have (at the
time) an IPv6-ready ssh daemon.  Hilarity ensued when using an IPv6-enabled
ssh client - you'd get back an RST packet real fast and it was Game Over.

So remember - there's probably more services you need to worry about. ;)