Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Sun Sep 16 14:40:12 UTC 2007

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> Does browser caching still work these days? I thought all web admins
> disabled it on their servers because they can't be bothered to think
> about which cache directives to send along with each page. I can rarely
> return to a previously viewed page without the browser hitting the
> network, in any event.

Actually, browser caching is a function of the Web design tags, not the
server.  So, the decision to allow caching is on the page creator.  On
my own sites, I leave caching to the default unless there is a good
reason to disable caching.  One site I used to run, a warranty form
processor, I disabled all caching -- at all levels -- because it was a
database-driven site allowing updates from multiple people at the same
time, so caching was highly inappropriate.

Caching use to bite me regularly when I was doing customer support.
Which led to the mantra "Clear the cache!"