Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Sun Sep 16 08:46:39 UTC 2007

On 16 Sep 2007, at 07:39, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> On 9/15/07, Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch at muada.com> wrote:
>> Browsers are pretty good at falling back on a different address in
>> general / IPv4 in particular when the initial try doesn't work,
> "Pretty good" as in there is a browser standard to poke for v6 then v4
> or is this a stack behavior?

Since this conversation has already talked about behaviour when
encountering AAAA vs A, I am worried that a browser running on a dual-
stack laptop might cache the AAAA returned when it has some v6
connectivity, and then refuse to look again for the A when I pick it
up and take it somewhere with only v4 connectivity.

We see the browser cache bite us regularly with regard to the way
they dip into the cache for long-stale records today.  The support
burden will increase if there are stack transitionary woes as well.

Andy