Criminals, The Network, and You [Was: Something Else]

Andrew Sullivan andrew at ca.afilias.info
Wed Sep 12 16:59:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:13:00AM -0600, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It seems to me reverse DNS just isn't an acceptable anti-spam measure.
> Too many broken reverses exist with smaller companies (try getting a 3rd
> party to fix it). It's not that hard for a bot to figure out a DSL's

On this topic, I again solicit remarks from interested parties on the
IETF dnsop reverse-mapping-considerations draft, which the editors
currently think is baked.  If you have remarks about it, now would be
an excellent time to make them:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsop/draft-ietf-dnsop-reverse-mapping-considerations/

Thanks!

<andrew at ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8