Good Stuff [was] Re: shameful-cabling gallery of infamy - does anybody know

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Sep 12 13:07:04 UTC 2007

Once upon a time, David Lesher <wb8foz at nrk.com> said:
> If you find any pictures of NY.NET; Terry Kennedy made the above
> look sloppy. Many places ban cable ties due to the sharp ends;

The first thing people here learn is how to properly use flush-cut side
snips to cut a zip-tie end.  When done right, you don't get the sharp
(hand slicing) ends.

Of course, the local telco guys use zip-ties, but use their telco
scissors to cut the end, leaving a sharp end.  If it is near our stuff,
we'll come behind them and trim the ends; otherwise, it is their fingers
that'll get sliced next time.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>