Good Stuff [was] Re: shameful-cabling gallery of infamy - does anybody know

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Wed Sep 12 08:55:08 UTC 2007

That is certainly very pretty cabling and most people usually start out
with things very pretty. What happens then is that things evolve, you
run out of space and have to put kit in other racks, run loads of
cabling there and then it gets moved again and then you add more cables
and then a fibre guy from some telco comes in and puts something else in
on top of it.

Shortly after this, you need to pull out a bit of kit to replace it and
all the cables get pulled out too, then they get put back quickly to
reduce downtime.

And it goes on.

You may say that you can avoid this with better planning, management and
this and that. However a lot of people do not have the luxury of this
because they are either too busy or whatever.

--
Leigh