Good Stuff [was] Re: shameful-cabling gallery of infamy - does anybody know where it went?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Sep 11 19:14:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Scott Weeks wrote:

> It was brought to my attention that some of the folks here may not have
> ever seen good wiring, so I snapped a few photos of good wiring here and
> wrote a quickie web page for the photos.  I couldn't get pictures of
> Ethernet wiring, but it's the same.  Except the last photo, it's all wax
> string done very neatly.  This is the goal.  ;-)

Nice - they even wrapped the fiber to keep the wax twine from pinching it.

Some of the telcos around here do (or did) very clean wiring jobs like
this.  The AT&T Local (TCG from way back in the day) guys who put the OC48
bay and related breakouts for T1s and DS3s did very neat wiring.

Some of the local old-school Bell Atlantic/Verizon techs also did very
clean work, but most of them took the early retirement packages that were
offered 4-5 years ago.

jms