shameful-cabling gallery of infamy - does anybody know where it went?

Alex Rubenstein alex at corp.nac.net
Tue Sep 11 18:04:41 UTC 2007

> Alright, this is all scary familiar and bringing back bad memories.
>
> Wooden modem racks, POPs in disued bathrooms, demarcs so stuffed with

At one point, we had 200 pair installed into a two family house in rural
NJ. The pop was in the basement, which had dirt floors.

Or, the local phone company begging us to get lines in different CO's so
that we wouldn't overload inter-office trunks and tandems.

Or, the custom made racks to hold USR Sportster modems (which had to be
removed from their enclosure)

Or, Livingston PM3's that cost $17k for two PRIs

Or, full BGP between AGIS and iMCI (note the 'i') on a 2501

Or, when you had a mail server (it was monolithic, remember) fail, and
you told customers, they'd say, "OK, I'll check my mail tomorrow"

Ah, the good old days.