Carrier outage?

Douglas K. Fischer fischerdk at fidoki.com
Fri Sep 7 22:43:10 UTC 2007

One of our voice conferencing vendors had an significant outage last
week, and pinned the blame on a "major US carrier outage" that affected
telco resources "throughout the United States". Any way to independently
corroborate this claim? I would imagine news of such a major carrier
outage would have reached this or another operator's group (and I didn't
see anything on this list about one). I'm not saying they're "lying",
but I like to check out such claims to ensure my vendors are being
honest and up front and not trying to pass the buck.

Naturally the vendor did not say _which_ carrier had the outage.

Any info or guidance as to where I should be looking for info?

Many thanks,

Doug