[funsec] The "Great IPv6 experiment" (fwd)

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Wed Sep 5 09:28:05 UTC 2007

On Sep 5, 2007, at 4:07 AM, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> As the site (http://www.ipv6porn.com) states:
>
> 8<----------------------------------
> If you're here for the free content, it's not here! We're not ready
> for
> the world to know about this experiment yet, so don't go submitting
> this
> to Slashdot or Digg until the actual site is up.
> ---------------------------------->8
>
> And also:
> 8<----------------------------------
> When will all this start?
>
> We anticipate beginning this experiment in the May-June timeframe.
> ---------------------------------->8
> But it is September and not there yet, at least I didn't see the page
> updated nor any extra traffic.

Kinda off-topic for nanog, but:

We're running a bit behind. A whole bunch of people came forward with
offers of free transit, equipment, and a bunch of other things, but
for one reason or another most weren't able to deliver on them.
Usually it was because everything was great until their legal
department heard about it. Those of us working on the project
strongly feel that if we end up saturating our own links during the
course of the experiment, it's going to invalidate a lot of our
findings. Or at least call into question their accuracy. So, I'm
talking with some others right now who have offered some help with
bandwidth and other resources, but it's pushed our timetable back
quite a bit.

Thanks for reminding me to update the page though! :)

-- Kevin