Damn:

Jamie Bowden jamie at photon.com
Wed Oct 31 12:27:32 UTC 2007

Some of you probably already know, but this just hit my inbox:

From: Jun Murai <jun at wide.ad.jp>

Dear Friends,
I am regretful to pass along the sad news that Itojun (Dr. Junichiro
Hagino) passed away on October 29, 2007. He was 37 years old. The WIDE
community would like to send our condolences to his family and friends.

Itojun has been an important member of the WIDE community, making
numerous worldwide contributions in the field of network computing,
especially on IPv6 and the Internet protocol area. He has had an
important influence on each of our experiences in the WIDE project,
IETF, and on the Internet community.  We will miss him terribly.

There's more, but I won't repost the whole thing.