mail operators list

Al Iverson aiversonlists at spamresource.com
Tue Oct 30 17:32:42 UTC 2007

On 10/30/07, Andy Davidson <andy at nosignal.org> wrote:

> On 30 Oct 2007, at 16:21, Daniel Senie wrote:

> >> four
> >> MAAWG come pretty close: http://www.maawg.org/home
> > Smaller/regional ISPs need not apply. Minimum cost of entry is
> > $3,000/year, no voting rights ($12.5K if you actually care about
> > voting). So if you're not Verizon or Comcast or similarly sized, it
> > appears you're not really welcome.
> > Though it might make sense to discuss some other things NANOG could
> > do in addition to worrying about routing table size and churn in
> > the core, those are all discussions for the Futures list.
>
> I would support the creation of a mail-operators list (& agenda time
> for a mailops bof, since a lot of networks are small enough to mean
> that netops and sysops are often the same guys) if it's deemed to be
> offtopic on nanog-l.

I have a sinking fear it'll be overrun with loud people who aren't
actually responsible for anything more than a single IP at most, like
SPAM-L, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

Al Iverson

--
Al Iverson on Spam and Deliverability, see http://www.spamresource.com
News, stats, info, and commentary on blacklists: http://www.dnsbl.com