Can P2P applications learn to play fair on networks?

Jamie Bowden jamie at photon.com
Fri Oct 26 13:11:47 UTC 2007

It would seem that the state of NY agrees with you:

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/20981

"The settlement follows a nine-month investigation into the marketing of
NationalAccess and BroadbandAccess plans for wireless access to the
internet for laptop computer users. Attorney General's investigation
found that Verizon Wireless prominently marketed these plans as
"Unlimited," without disclosing that common usages such as downloading
movies or playing games online were prohibited. The company also cut off
heavy internet users for exceeding an undisclosed cap of usage per
month. As a result, customers misled by the company's claims, enrolled
in its Unlimited plans, only to have their accounts abruptly terminated
for excessive use, leaving them without internet services and unable to
obtain refunds."

Jamie Bowden
--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"