BitTorrent swarms have a deadly bite on broadband nets

Carpenter, Jason Jason.Carpenter at citadelgroup.com
Thu Oct 25 20:51:18 UTC 2007

IN fairness, most P2P applications such as bittorrent already have the
settings there, they are not setup by default. Also, they do limit the
amount of dl and ul based on the bandwidth the user sets up. The
application is setup to handle it, the users usually just set the
bandwidth all the way up and ignore it.