BitTorrent swarms have a deadly bite on broadband nets

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Thu Oct 25 10:49:55 UTC 2007

On 24-okt-2007, at 17:39, Rod Beck wrote:

> A simpler and hence less costly approach for those providers
> serving mass markets is to stick to flat rate pricing and outlaw
> high-bandwidth applications that are used by only a small number of
> end users.

That's not going to work in the long run. Just my podcasts are about
10 GB a month. You only have to wait until there's more HD video
available online and it gets easier to get at for most people to see
bandwidth use per customer skyrocket.

There are much worse things than having customers that like using
your service as much as they can.