BitTorrent swarms have a deadly bite on broadband nets

Bruce Curtis bruce.curtis at ndsu.edu
Wed Oct 24 19:19:20 UTC 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Sean Donelan wrote:

> The problem isn't a particular type of traffic in isolation, its
> usually the impact of one network user's traffic on all the other
> network user's traffic sharing the same network.
>

> Network Quotas for Individuals - A better answer to the P2P
> bandwidth problem?
> http://www.greatplains.net/research/workshops/2004%20Annual%
> 20Meeting/Network.Quotas2.ppt

   This link has a newer version of the presentation slides.

http://www.greatplains.net/conference/Network-Quotas.ppt

   We have since increased the Internet 1 bandwidth purchased and
have increased the Residence Hall Quotas to 1 GigaByte per day.

---
Bruce Curtis                         bruce.curtis at ndsu.edu
Certified NetAnalyst II                701-231-8527
North Dakota State University