Verizon has been listening to nanog.

Henry Yen henry at AegisInfoSys.com
Wed Oct 24 12:58:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 08:29:54AM -0400, Joe Maimon wrote:
> > On 10/23/07, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:
> >
> >>http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2007-10-23-verizon-fios-plan_N.htm
> >>
> >>20 Mbps down, 20 Mbps up, fully symmetrical for $65.
> >

> > That's pretty sweet, now all they have to do is start laying the fiber
> > over here...
>
> And stop ripping out copper.

Now that I've gotten caught up on my inbox, perhaps this apropos article
will be viewed as more timely for this list than my earlier outburst:

 http://www.beskerming.com/commentary/2007/10/24/292/PhD_Student_Claims_200x_Improvement_for_Copper_Broadband

(there's also a link in the article WRT to the Verizon issue of
copper XOR fiber.)

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York