Can P2P applications learn to play fair on networks?

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Oct 24 03:37:37 UTC 2007

My apologies if I wasn't clear -- my point was that caching toward the
client base changes installed architectures, an expensive proposition.  If
caching will find any success it needs to be at the lowest possible price
point, which means collocating where access and transport meet, not in the
field.

I have little reason to believe that providers are going to cache for the
internet to solve their last-mile upstream challenges.

Frank