Comcast blocking p2p uploads

John C. A. Bambenek bambenek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 16:43:12 UTC 2007

First, that's not what I learned in my law classes.

Second, the "rent" has conditions (they may not publish them, but that
is entirely different matter which I likely agree with you on).
Comcast is under no obligation to let you misuse their service...
morally, ethically, or philosophically.

Third, the police handle criminal matters, not contract disputes.

It wasn't my analogy to begin with.

I would imagine their AUP is written to allow them to take "any
reasonable measure" to ensure the integrity of their service.

P.S. I don't misuse my service so the debate doesn't effect me.

PPS I think it was requested multiple times to take this debate off
list, let's let it die.