Comcast blocking p2p uploads

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Oct 20 08:08:50 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Comcast-Data-Discrimination.html

I cannot access relevant pages on www.comcast.com due to me not being in
the US (or rather, they require an address first), could anyone please
paste or other way supply the wording/text they use in their fineprint, to
allow them contractually to disrupt customer TCP session in other way than
delaying or dropping the packets (which I guess is accepted industry
standard).

Sending/spoofing RST on certain customer TCP sessions doesn't qualify as
normal network behaviour in my mind, so would be interesting to hear how
they word it legally.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se