Comcast blocking p2p uploads

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Fri Oct 19 21:57:59 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 04:38:11PM -0400, Clinton Popovich wrote:
> Its not that they are not permitted to control network traffic,  but they
> are impersonating the other server and I have a feeling there are a few laws
> that could fall under.  Like fraud for one.

Not to defend Comcast, but I think that this is a pretty far-fetched
idea.  Firewalls that send RSTs, nearly every IDP device, SYN-proxy
DDoS mitigation are just a few of the widely deployed technologies
that depend on the exact same forgeries.

It's all more-or-less the same principle of doing just enough forgery
to be able to interrupt a flow.  If you really want around that, IPSec
is always there for ya.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us