Comcast blocking p2p uploads

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Oct 19 20:39:40 UTC 2007

On Oct 19, 2007, at 3:42 PM, John C. A. Bambenek wrote:

> Since when did private companies no longer have the right to regulate
> their own property?
>
> I must have missed the Amendment...

If you want to make a property argument, how do you explain them
denying me my right to enjoy my rental of their property?

If Comcast were a landlord, they would be interfering with my quiet
enjoyment and my rights in possession.

Interfering with my traffic rather than blocking it, could lose them
common carrier protection.  They are exerting editorial control, in a
fashion, over what I transmit and receive.

--Patrick