Comcast blocking p2p uploads

Eric Lutvak elutvak at rgbnetworks.com
Fri Oct 19 19:35:16 UTC 2007

Perception,,
Let look at this datapoint..
Some Linux distributions are distributed via p2p now..I am sure other
people/companies use the same distribution method. Based on that I am
sure that traffic accounts for more then 1% of p2p traffic in general..

As far as bandwith, lets be totally realistic, Comcast is ultimately the
controller of everything in and out of their network infrastructure
right?
Well um they control it.. so I think its stooped to block anything ,, I
am all for letting people have what they pay for.. But... if comcast is
going to be draconian about this,, then.. well if u don't like it go
somewhere else.. Although I do hope that this does not become an
alarming trend..

Bottom line is, if it eats up bandwidth well cap the client/customer who
may be offending.. or if that individual cannot exceed the allotted
bandwidth, then I don't see the problem..

Either way there are 2 sides to every coin..

Thanks for ur time