dns authority changes and lame servers

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Thu Oct 18 23:58:01 UTC 2007

davidu at everydns.net (David Ulevitch) writes:

> I should also mention the related work starting over here:
> http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0710/presentations/Vixie-lightning.pdf

indeed.  while i don't have even a tenth of the analysis expertise of someone
like robt, wessels, florian, or april, i am most assurely going to gather the
raw data and make it available to those folks and similar folks.  (noting that
i've got 5Mbit/sec now and am hoping for 1000X that much a year from now, and
noting that robt, wessels, florian, april, paul laudanski, and jeff chan have
already got dedicated or shared hosts connected to the rebroadcast switch,
and that more are welcome.)

we may yet publish a top-500-domains web page, since that's a fairly easy
thing to build using this raw data.  current zonecuts, and nameserver name
or address deltas, may also come from us, though i think it'll come sooner
from wessels, april, or florian.

if you're not submitting data yet, i hope you'll decide to do so, and drop me
some e-mail (vixie at isc.org) to discuss details.
--
Paul Vixie