New NANOG Steering Committee

Philip Smith pfs at cisco.com
Thu Oct 18 19:50:51 UTC 2007

The new NANOG SC held its first meeting on Tuesday evening at the close
of NANOG 41.  One of the first action items for the SC (as per
6.1 in the Charter) is to appoint a new chair to serve for a one year
term.  After holding a vote, I would like to report that I have been
accorded the privilege of being chair of the NANOG SC for the next
year.

As incoming chair, and on behalf of the new SC, I'd like to thank Joe
Abley for his sterling service of the last year as outgoing SC Chair.
And also thank him for his service to the community as member of the
SC since August 2005.

I would also like to extend the SC's appreciative thanks to Bill
Norton for his valuable contribution to NANOG and the SC during his
term of service on the SC.  Both he and Joe have contributed much time
and energy to help make the NANOG organisation what it is today.

The new Steering Committee is as follows:

   Betty Burke (Merit Appointee)
   Randy Bush
   Steve Feldman
   Jared Mauch
   Chris Morrow
   Joe Provo
   Philip Smith

with the MLC Chair (Alex Pilosov) and the PC Chair (TBA) serving as
ex-officio members.

Finally, many thanks to all the SC Candidates who put their names
forward for to run for a position.  Their support is greatly
appreciated, and it is our hope that those who were unsuccessful would
consider standing again next year.

Philip Smith
(for the SC)