more-specifics via IX

Wolfgang Tremmel wolfgang.tremmel at de-cix.net
Mon Oct 15 11:41:34 UTC 2007

Am 15.10.2007 um 07:09 schrieb Bradley Urberg Carlson:

> I have a few customers' customers, who appear at a local IX.  Due
> to the MLPA-like nature of the IX, I hear their prefixes both at
> the IX and via my own transit customers.  I normally use localpref
> to prefer customer advertisements over peers' advertisements.
>
> There is a customer's customer who is advertising more-specifics at
> the IX (and using a different source AS, to boot).  I can think of
> a couple ways to prevent hearing these, but thought I should ask
> for suggestions first.

you should honor your customers routing policy and simply accept the
routes.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Tremmel                     e-mail: wolfgang.tremmel at de-cix.net
DE-CIX Management GmbH               Phone: +49 69 1730 902-26
Lindleystr. 12, 60314 Frankfurt      Mobile: +49 173 340 4833
Geschaeftsfuehrer Harald A. Summa    Fax: +49 69 4056 2716
Registergericht AG Koeln, HRB 51135  http://www.de-cix.net
Zentrale: Lichtstr. 43i, 50825 Koeln