Geographic map of IPv6 availability

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 07:24:51 UTC 2007

On 10/14/07, Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch at muada.com> wrote:
> On 14-okt-2007, at 19:34, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>
> > Is this a configurable option for the inverse behavoir? Seems to me
> > that it should be since it affects the user experience and sets policy
> > for the network. It just may be, but I can't find the option if it is.
>
> If you have FreeBSD or Windows you can manipulate the "policy table"
> to make this happen.
>
> It's a bit too complex to explain how this works in a post though,
> but try:
>
> # ip6addrctl show

[ snip ]

The way I read the portion of the thread related to resolver behavoir
was that the resolver behavior was being discussed. Not the client.
The resolver should have an attribute to select the preference between
A vs. AAAA. Otherwise, it's setting network policy through code.

My question was if there is an option to adjust this, where is it? I
don't see it. I'm not a BIND uber-expert. If there is no option, there
quite possibly ought to be one.

Best,

Martin