Geographic map of IPv6 availability

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Sun Oct 14 17:48:26 UTC 2007

On 14-okt-2007, at 19:34, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> Is this a configurable option for the inverse behavoir? Seems to me
> that it should be since it affects the user experience and sets policy
> for the network. It just may be, but I can't find the option if it is.

If you have FreeBSD or Windows you can manipulate the "policy table"
to make this happen.

It's a bit too complex to explain how this works in a post though,
but try:

# ip6addrctl show

or

C:\>netsh
netsh>interface ipv6
netsh interface ipv6>show prefixpolicy

RFC 3484 provides background info. And of course any IPv6 book worth
its salt explains it all in great detail.  :-)