Sun Project Blackbox / Portable Data Center

Jerry Dixon jerry at jdixon.com
Sun Oct 14 03:49:07 UTC 2007

Poor word choice on my part regarding command center versus data
service augmentation.

However there are many capabilities that this setup can bring to bear
no differently than a military TOC is established out in a forward
operating site.

I do agree that a good DR plan and hot/warm sites are a necessity for
critical services however there are uses for this capability.  One
only needs to look at Katrina or 9/11 where a solution like this would
have shown benefits in augmenting a larger DR plan and quickly
providing computing or network services depending on how it was built
out.

Just to add a disclaimer, these are my opinions and not an official
stance by the government.

Jerry
Jerry at jdixon.com