OT: Visio or Autocad

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Wed Oct 10 22:47:15 UTC 2007

Greetings all,

A good friend of mine swears that Autocad is superior for network design
to Visio.  I don't disagree, but only because I have never used Autocad
for network design.  So far Visio has generally met my needs when I'm
working on a design, but I have found it lacking (or perhaps just my
Visio skills?) when trying to merge L2 and L3 designs.  Most of the time
I start from scratch on each layer, but it does become a burden as
changes are made once the design becomes operational, and over its'
lifetime.

Is anyone using Autocad for network design?  What are your thoughts?

-- Stephen.