Cogent peering issues with Sprint

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Wed Oct 10 16:00:55 UTC 2007

We shut off Cogent around 9:00 because of routing issues to Telia and other
parts of the Net.

>From http://status.cogentco.com

**
** Cogent Network Status Report Last Updated Wed Oct 10 10:55:40 2007 **
**
**
Network Status: Normal
DNS Servers Status: Normal
Dialup/IPASS Status: Normal
Mail Servers Status: Normal
Webservers Status: Normal

Cogent Network Status/DNS Server Status Description: Welcome to Cogent
Communications' Network Status Message. Today is October 10, 2007 at 7:00 am
est. At this time, some customers may experience latency on the Cogent
backbone. This is being caused by card failure on our transport equipment
between Houston, TX and San Diego, CA.
The Estimated Time to Repair is 3pm Oct 10, 2007.

Today is October 10, 2007 at 10:36am est. At this time some customers may be
experience routing instabilities reaching varying web sites. This issue has
been escalated to the top Cogent engineering team for resolution.
Estimated Time to Repair: Resolved at 10:53am est.