How Not to Multihome

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Tue Oct 9 00:48:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Keegan.Holley at sungard.com wrote:

> please elaborate.  My knowledge of IPv6 is admittedly lacking, but I
> always assumed that the routing tables would be much larger if the
> internet were to convert from IPv4 due to the sheer number of networks
> available.

Not many networks are pushing IPv6 at this point, or more correctly, not
many relative to the 230k+ routes that currently makes up a full IPv4
routing table.  There likely won't be a mass flash-cut to IPv6, which is
a subject that has been debated to death and back again here on NANOG
over the last few weeks :)

jms