Laws governing FTTx ?

Dan Armstrong dan at beanfield.com
Mon Oct 8 08:26:38 UTC 2007

Up here in Canada anyway, when you approach a developer of a new
residential building, or housing development, they want a big cash
payoff to let you in.  They coin this a "doorway fee" anywhere from
$50-$300/unit one time.  Then they're gone, and the condo board takes
over, and may or may not want to let you stay.  It's very frustrating.
There's no reason the condo board would realistically kick you out, but
it seems kind of silly.

I don't know why they can't look upon it as an amenity, an advantage, as
a sales tool!  But no, they just want their cash grab. Sigh.

Commercial buildings are usually a lot more enlightened, since they're
not built by a builder looking to cash out quickly.