two questions - SWAG answers entertained

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Oct 5 11:41:21 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 08:36:16AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > one:  AS hop count for average e2e packet flow, eg. from origin to destination,
> > 	how many ASN's will a packet traverse?
>
> wrong forum.  there have been good formal measurement papers on this.
> do a lit search.
>
> randy

	ere, this might be the ideal forum.  citseer is very helpful,
	some formal analysis from a few data points.  my request
	for SWAG data from operations folks was/is a way to sanity check
	simulation work that forms the basis for much of the formal
	papers.  anyway...

	thanks to the kind folks who have (mercifully) responded off list.
	we now return you to the usual NANOG postings.

--bill