WG Action: Conclusion of IP Version 6 (ipv6)

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Wed Oct 3 08:06:53 UTC 2007

On 2 Oct 2007, at 23:15, David Conrad wrote:

> Older routers will indeed fall over, as they are going to fall over
> when we go over 240K routes, so folks will upgrade.

Some people wont (want to or be able to).  I am trying to do some
quick exercises in my head to work out which networks will be most
affected when prefixes get more aggressive, or bgp updates get
dropped.  My thoughts are that the networks which deagg most, will
have the largest problem being reached in this event.

I think we informally call this Rough Justice on the right hand side
of the pond.

When we give someone advice about why they're not reachable, it's
going to start to be much more valuable an exercise to check closely
the size of their announcements.

Andy