WG Action: Conclusion of IP Version 6 (ipv6)

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Oct 2 21:15:19 UTC 2007

>> and that is not what happened last time, so why should it happen
>> this time?
> In fact, it's reasonable to assume that we will again filter
> prefixes.

i agree but fear that it will be harder to find the filter algorithms
this time.

> Hopefully, the ISP that is forced into this position will have the
> insight to accept cash in exchange for filter exceptions. This will
> be the start of the market place for routing table slots.

last time, it was not offers of payment which caused the removal of
phyltres, but the whining at the filterers' s&m folk.  "we're very
important and your customers will not be able to reach us.  and we'll
tell our mommy and all our friends that you're mean and nasty."

randy