[nanog] Connections among ASes (fwd)

Chengchen Hu huc at ieee.org
Fri Nov 30 02:49:13 UTC 2007

I agree that IXPs could be connected. Let me explain the problem more clear. Suppose the following example. ISP A has a router A1 in IXP1 and a router A2 in IXP2; and ISP B has a routers B1 in IXP1 and a router B2 in IXP2. It is possible that we have DIRECT link A1A2 and B1B2 to connnect two IXPs, but I don't think there may be DIRECT link like A1B2 or A2B1. Since it should be much cheaper and easier for ISP A and ISP B to be connnected in the same IXP using links like A1B1 or A2B2. Am I right?

So in your case, all the suppliers and peers DIRECTLY connected to any one of your routers are located in the same IXP?