Running Application when Network Connection Detected

Burns, Kevin Kevin_Burns at Cable.Comcast.com
Wed Nov 28 06:40:40 UTC 2007

I have done this in troubleshooting an OSPF issue where we needed to immediately grab logs from a buffer that had only limited size when the adjacency reset due to a dead timer. If you have WildPackets OmniPeek analzyer its easy if you understand the protocol operations you need to filter on. I simply created a filter for the specific packet (in this case OSPF Master Bit). Whenever the analyzer would see the specific packet it would launch an executable file. I used SecureCRT's scripting language to have it log into the router and save off whatever show commands I needed. You can also have it syslog, snmp-trap, or send an email.