unwise filtering policy from cox.net

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Mon Nov 26 08:07:39 UTC 2007

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2007 6:15 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 22, 2007, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
>>
>>> Great. So half the world's population is dead, lots of dotbombs are
>>> out of business .. but you have LOTS of IP space that's suddenly
>>> unused and available.
>> Is this actually a serious alternative to migrating to IPv6?
>
> Dotbombs are, if they occur.

Except of course that the companies that are presently soaking up large
amounts of address space have actually customers, who pay for the most
part, so even a bankruptcy that address space is going someplace (think
psinet genuity etc).

> Not that you can bank on them to occur .. though given silly valley,
> they just might occur.
>
> If they do occur, and if the RIRs are on the ball about reclaiming IP space ...

I expect that legacy holders will be entombed in their pyramids with v4
space just-in-case they have use for it in the afterlife.