Cogent issues in Chicago?

Basil Kruglov basil at cifnet.com
Sat Nov 17 05:50:59 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 11:31:01PM -0600, Brandon Galbraith wrote:
> Anyone noticing major Cogent routing issues in Chicago? Just lost
> connectivity from several locations to their equipment on La Salle St.

Master ticket: 661464. Something went fubar after bos <-> ord maintenance.
One of the ord core routers stopped responding, we were getting a full table
(234k) from one core, and only half (~115k) from another.

I think the issue's been cleared, but we're still awaiting for the
official/semi official RFO. Of course, nothing is at status.cogentco.com
during the event, but the following appeared after the event:

"Welcome to Cogent Communications. Network Status Message. Today is 11/17/07
at 12:30am. At this time, some customers may experience latency and packet
loss on the Cogent backbone in the Chicago area. This is being caused by
backbone maintenance which caused some routing anomolies. The Estimated Time
to Repair is 30 minutes"

-Basil @ CIFNet