FCC rules for backup power

Jerry Dixon jerry at jdixon.com
Wed Nov 14 15:41:00 UTC 2007

Jared> and all this time I thought you just wanted to attend those meetings to see all of our bright faces and partake of the chocolate chip cookies :)

In all seriousness, it is very good to get involved in these meetings and stay on top of what is going on.  Plus it helps the gubment types out on what is reality or what is doable versus going off on a wild tangent.  Especially with recovery, understanding what the real vulnerabilities or exposures are, and of course planning response activities.

I can't thank many of you enough that have taken an active role in helping USG out over the last few years and also the insights that you've shared with many of us that have worked these issues in the past.  So with that said, get involved and let your opinions be known.  Also you have a great opportunity coming up with new elections about to take place to help shape or influence the way ahead but you've got to get involved.

Another good link on current documents on national level response and preparedness can be found here:

http://www.dhs.gov/xprepresp/publications/

Also recommend setting up the usual google alerts on some keywords like:

"cyber and homeland"
"communications and homeland"

Lastly there is a great effort underway led by a bi-partisan Congressional Commission.

See http://www.csis.org/tech/cyber/

Congressman & Chairman Langevin & Ranking Member McCaul are two good people to send letters to or communicate with related to many of these issues if you have concerns.  There office is real responsive to Cyber & Communication issues.  They're the ones that setup the Congressional Cyber Commission.

http://homeland.house.gov/about/subcommittees.asp?subcommittee=12

-Jerry