cpu needed to NAT 45mbs

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 06:03:27 UTC 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 2:43 AM, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> I'm able to get 45Mb/s through a P3-800 with a four-port NIC running NAT and
> simple content filtering with SmoothWall Advanced Firewall 2 easily.  Have a
> box doing that right now.

Speaking of all that, does someone have a "conference wireless'  bcp
handy?  The sort that starts off with "dont deploy $50 unbranded
taiwanese / linksys etc routers that fall over and die at more than 5
associations, place them so you dont get RF interference all over the
place etc" before going on to more faqs like what to do so worms dont
run riot?

Comes in handy for that, as well as for public wifi access points.

srs