NANOG 42 Call For Presentation

Todd Underwood todd-nanog at renesys.com
Thu Nov 8 03:47:00 UTC 2007

[puts NANOG Program Committee Chair hat on...]

As many of you are aware, NANOG 42 will be held in San Jose,
California on February 17-20, 2008.  The NANOG Program Committee (PC)
is actively soliciting talks for that event.  The full CFP is already
posted at:

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0802/callforpresent.html

Many of you will recognize that it doesn't change very much from NANOG
to NANOG.  On the PC we have noticed that the content of the CFP
really has very little to do with the presentations that we get, so
we've put most of our effort into recruiting presentations, and less
into rewriting the CFP.  Review it for ideas, but don't be restricted
by it.

As usual, we're seeking presentations by and for network operators of
all sizes.  We want to see presentations about difficult problems
(and interesting solutions) that you encounter in the course of your
job.  We know it's always easier to get presentations from people who
are paid to do it (vendors, marketing people) but attendees of
previous NANOG conferences tell us that the best presentations are
frequently by fellow operators.

If you think you have an interesting topic but want some feedback or
some help working it into a presentation, please email me and I'll
make sure that someone on the PC gives you the feedback you need to
work your idea into a presenatation worth giving.

What do you get if you present?  A free pass to NANOG, rock star
status among your peers, and a permanent place of fame on the
Internet.

Also note that NANOG43 will be held in the New York City metro area
(Brooklyn, specifically) on June 1-4 next year, so mark your
calendars.  If you cannot present at San Jose, the PC is already
actively soliciting talks for Brooklyn as well.

Key dates for NANOG 42:

   8-Nov-07 - Web tool open to accept early submissions (we hope).
	    http://www.nanogpc.org/

   [Rolling evaluation of talks begins]

   8-Jan-07 - Final presentations due. Get talks in early to improve
              your odds of acceptace.

   15-Jan-08 - Last scheduled PC call to finalize the agenda
   17-Jan-08 - final agenda posted to NANOG mailing list with

   [Lighting talk evaluations beings]

   17-Feb-08 - NANOG 42 beings!

Final note:  The Program Committee has recently begun keeping and
posting minutes of our calls at http://nanog.org/pc.html .  We will
post notices of those meetings on the nanog-futures mailing list, as I
think they'd be off-topic for nanog.  More information on joining
nanog-futres is evailable at: http://www.nanog.org/email.html

thanks,

t.