Friendly XO Mail-operational contact ?

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:50:47 UTC 2007

suresh at frodo 04:39:42 <~> $ telnet dalsmlprd08.dal.dc.xo.com. smtp
Trying 207.88.96.46...
Connected to dalsmlprd08.dal.dc.xo.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
[long, long delay]
220 triton.xo.com ESMTP XO Communications mail gateway. Unauthorized
access prohibited. All activities will be logged. Wed, 7 Nov 2007
06:51:09 -0600

And that box is in Sherman Oaks CA.

You sure XO hasn't been playing with banner delays, and your MTA is
timing out before establishing an smtp connection?

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)