DNS servers

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Nov 6 21:26:07 UTC 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2007, at 3:06 PM, J. Oquendo wrote:
>
>> Nice to get news third string...
>>
>> //
>> Last week, ICANN setup a new IP address for one of the thirteen "root
>> name servers" that oversee DNS queries across the net, and it plans
>> on
>> retiring the old address as soon as the late spring.
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/06/icann_rolls_out_new_root_name_server_address/
>
> It was posted to DNS-Operations.  Which is where, uh, DNS Operations
> are discussed....

It was pointed out to me that the sarcasm in this post is not clear.
I was not disagreeing, it should have been posted to NANOG (as well as
other places).  I simply didn't notice it 'cause I saw it elsewhere.

Mostly I wanted to give out the info below, which somehow escaped my
personal knowledgebase until a very nice person from VeriSign
explained it to me at RIPE a couple weeks ago.

--
TTFN,
patrick